There will be certain types of information requested at times from our customers via the Tune Protect Group website. This may occur when there is an online application for a specific product or for authentication into secure areas of the website.
By proceeding to access, you are deemed to have consented to the collection and use of your personal information.
Description and Source of Personal Data Collected to Conduct Our Business
We collect information about you for the purposes of conducting our business and to deliver top-quality products and services better suited to your needs.
- Information we receive from you through your communication/business with us.
- Information we receive from third parties, such as consumer reporting agencies, industry associates and other related organizations to verify statements you've made to us, or employers regarding your employment, credit or other relationships.
- Information collected from your transactions with Tune Protect Group, with other companies which you have given consent to disclose i.e. information relating to you and/or where not otherwise restricted.
The types of personal information we receive from you include (but not limited to) the following:
- Your personal details, such as your name, age, gender, nationality, address, occupation, marital status, contact details, email, race, passport numbers etc.
- Personal details of family members or next of kin where it shall be deemed that consent have been obtained by you.
- Sensitive data like personally identifiable medical information (if required, we shall obtain explicit consent). Investment details, payment and bank account details should you choose to contract with us.
- Your behaviour or movements in and around our website.
- Other information required for the purposes set out below.
Purpose of Data Processing
Your personal information we collect through this website may be used to:-
- Perform and provide you with our services to discharge our contractual obligation, information of products and services, marketing and promotional materials and other updates related;
- Process your applications for our products and/or services;
- Manage and administer your account with us; and
- Conduct business analyses and demographic studies in order to provide enhanced services.
Non-Provision of Personal Data
You may be required to provide certain types of personal information in forms or other documentation, whether in electronic or print form. Such information will be indicated as compulsory/mandatory, and if you fail to provide such information to us or later withdraw your consent for us to continue processing the same, we may not be able to provide or continue to provide you with the full range of benefits, products and/or services which you have requested from us and we may not be able to fulfil the purposes set out above.
Disclosure of your Personal Data
Tune Protect Group will not disclose any non-public personal information about its existing customers or former customers to anyone except where required by regulatory bodies, regulation of legal process, judicial order or as required or permitted by law or for lawful purposes only.
Tune Protect Group may use your personal information within its Group, agents, professional advisors, consultants and/or third parties performing services on its behalf and such confidential information will only be used by the said parties for the purpose for which it is provided whereby the said parties have undertaken to treat such information confidential.
Safety & Security Procedures to Protect Your Information
In order to prevent unauthorised access and disclosure to your personal information, Tune Protect Group has implemented technical and administrative measures to keep your information secure. Strict safeguards have been put into place to protect the loss, misuse, or alteration of any information provided to us. This includes limiting employees' access to information and handling information of customers who have ended their customer relationship with Tune Protect Group. Our employees are bound by a code of ethics that requires confidential treatment of customer information.
You can assist by following these tips to protect your information:
If you register with us under either one of the respective Products, you will be provided with an account. You are responsible to maintain the confidentiality of your account information, user names, login IDs, password, security questions and answers to access your account in this website and shall not reveal the same to anyone at any time under any circumstances. You are fully responsible for your account and activity on it and should you become aware of any suspicious and unauthorized activities or any other breach of security, please act immediately and notify us as soon as possible.
You should note that there is a risk factor involved in sending confidential information over the Internet website, e-mails or other electronic means.
By using this website, you consent to such transfer of information and you agree that Tune Protect Group may contact you through any of the means stated here.
Retention of Personal Data
You may view, correct or update your personal information if found to be inaccurate, incomplete or misleading by making a written request to our Customer Experience department or via email or facsimile as indicated below and we shall reply within 21 days upon receiving your written request.
You may also request access to your personal information for the following reasons:
- to check if your personal information is being held and used by us;
- to request that your personal information be retained and used only for the specific purpose for which it was collected; and
- to fully or partially retract your consent in respect of direct marketing communications.
Contacts & Enquiries
Any request for access, enquiries, corrections, complaints or to restrict processing of your personal information can be made by contacting us as follows:-
Tune Protect Group Berhad (formerly known as Tune Ins Holdings Berhad)
Customer Experience, Global Travel Operations
Level 9 Wisma Tune
No. 19 Lorong Dungun
50490 Kuala Lumpur
Fax: 03-2092 1029
Updates and Changes
This notice replaces any previous notices from Tune Protect Group about the privacy, security and protection of information. Tune Protect Group reserves the right to amend this privacy notice at any time without prior notice. Any such amendment shall be effective once the revised changes have been posted on the website and therefore you are encouraged to check the contents herein from time to time so that you are aware of any amendments that we have made.